A wealth of public and private funding plus generous incentive packages including financing support, local tax incentives, and workforce development funding make West Michigan a great place to start or expand a business.
- The Right Place. The region’s powerful economic development engine, works alongside developing businesses, coordinating the work of state and local partners to craft high-impact incentive packages that include financing, local tax incentives, and workforce development.
- GVSU Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation. This university center offers a broad range of business support to help established entrepreneurs grow their businesses, including mentorship, talent development, and connections to capital resources for staffing, equipment, real estate, and more.
- Spectrum Health Innovations. Spectrum Health Innovations leverages the idea-generating power of its 18,000+ professionals, helping them indentify and execute novel ideas that positively impact their patients, families, staff and physicians.
- Start Garden. Start Garden is an unconventional venture capital fund that invests in over a hundred ideas a year in small increments. The program brings financial, intellectual and social capital to ideas at the earliest stage by connecting them to the resources of an entire region. Located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, it is founded by Rick DeVos whose past projects include ArtPrize, 5×5 Night, Momentum and Spout.com.
- Michigan Accelerator Fund. Managed by the Charter Group, the fund invests in early stage Michigan-based companies that fall into one of four technology categories: life scie nces technology, advanced manufacturing, homeland security, and alternative energy, with a particular focus on life science.